Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh snap... first tutorial!

So first off I should admit that I failed. I failed at updating my blog more, but I didn't :(. Once again I apologize.

But to make it up I am doing my first tutorial! So I know I am not the first to make these but I wanted to show how I did it. 
So here is what we are making today..


These cute poppy hair clips!

Take some pieces of felt

Cut them into a circle. It doesn't need to be a perfect circle at all

Next step involves fire, so remember children only use fire under parental supervision :)





As you can see you burn the outer edge of the felt circle

Cut out another piece of felt, slightly smaller, and burn as you did the previous piece of felt

And after that do another smaller piece of felt

They will look something like this

Next take some small beads and sew some in the center of the flower. 
It should look something like this


Lastly take a bobby pin and hot glue the flower to the pin

Ta-da!

See I told you they were pretty simple! such an easy way to spruce up a simple hair style. You can take this and make many other things such as cute earrings

And you know I love a cute pair of flower earrings :)

Sorry camera photo :(


But I am excited to announce I will be doing my first giveaway! 
Stay tuned it will be happening in the next couple of days!

Until next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment